Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Let Them Be Little


google image search
Speaking of Colourful Confessions, this one I just have to share! Recently when one of my day-home moms dropped off her 2 kids for the day, she laughed “You would not believe what E. did while I was in the shower! I was only 2 minutes I swear!”  When she came out she discovered That Princess E. had coloured her younger brother, from head to toe in blue marker.
Later that day when I was changing Captain C’s diaper, I discovered that he still had some blue marker on him. His sister had literally coloured EVERYTHING, including his genitals and anus with the blue marker! Bahaha! (Seriously what goes through kids’ minds sometimes?)
Later when their mom came to pick them up, I chuckled “Even his bum was blue!”
Then she looked at me and declared, “Kids can be so dumb!"
Unexpectedly, we both looked at each other and power laughed! A “Mom Power Laugh!” Like it was the most hilarious thing we’d ever heard! NOT because we actually believe kids are dumb (kids surprise me every day with just how smart they actually are), but because we shared a mutual understanding of what she meant by it. You just never know what these crazy little creatures are going to do next on their quest for knowledge and understanding. Sometimes they turn the ‘normalest’ of activities into something ridiculous and funny!
This is what makes parenting so much fun. Sharing in our children’s journeys of discovery and letting kids be kids. As hard as it is sometimes to let go of our “inner control freak,” letting them be little, and learn in their own way is so important. Eating the play dough, dumping out all the toys, jumping  in mud puddles, getting dirty and climbing on the table, are all just ways that kids learn about this crazy world we live in. Sometimes cheap fun (where we don’t have to go out and spend a small fortune) can be the MOST fun!
Anyways, I could ramble all day! But, this is a perfect example of a story that they better hope we forget about,by the time they’re teenagers! :D

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh! Thanks Amy. This little Princess sure can power color! She covered a lot of ground in 2 minutes! HA-HA-HA Sounds exactly like something my Pumpkin would do if she had a little brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom told my Mom this story yesterday when she got chemo. (You'll know who this is without me saying). It gave her a much needed laugh. The stuff kids do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad i was able to put a smile on her face! haha it was so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete