Thursday, June 20, 2013

Magic Eyes (One Of My Favorite Parenting Ploys)


As a kid, I was always amazed when my mom could tell if I was up to something, even when she was in another room. I have cleverly inherited this genetic, and have magic eyes as well. J The magic  eyes kick into high gear, the moment my house gets quiet. A little TOO quiet!
Me: “K-aos! What are you doing?”
K-aos: “Nothing!”
I’ve learned that Nothing usually means Something.
And sure enough, if I go into the room where she’s hiding out, she’ll be doing something that she probably shouldn’t be doing.
 I have convinced her over the last couple of years, that I have magic eyes in the back of my head, hiding underneath my hair. She’s amazed that I can see her doing things, even when I’m not looking in her direction! Quite often, she asks to see them, but I have explained to her, that if I show them to her, they won’t work anymore. Now that she’s 5, she’s doubted the factualness of my enchanting eyes…
Last week, I told her to go upstairs, get her jammies on and go pee before bed. She was super-fast so I KNOW that she hadn’t gone to the washroom. I said, “Remember! I have magic eyes! I know you didn’t go!” So she goes to the bathroom again, and once more was a little too fast. She yells, “Ok I peed!”
I knew what was going on right away; she was testing me to see if my magic eyes were real! So, I say “K-aos!  Do you really think my magic eyes would let me down? You can’t trick them!” She gasps in amazement! “How did you know?”
What can I say? You can’t pull the wool over these eyes! Good ol' mother's intuition!

3 comments:

  1. "Sometimes mother's eyes can still see what is going on even after their children have 'grown up'."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Tarot cards sometimes, so Bear thinks I have special powers. She doesn't mess with that. HA-HA-HA!

    And I totally agree with Anonymous above. I'm pretty sure MY mother still knows what I am doing before I do!

    Loving your Colorful Confessions Amy! You're a great Mom! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. xo Thanks Kate! I would love for you to read Tarot cards for me sometime! that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete