Monday, June 17, 2013

My Little Camera Rebel

(And I am not talking about my ‘Canon Rebel’ either!)

Well I hope everyone had a terrific Father’s day weekend! A big thumbs up to all the amazing Fathers out there (HI DAD! I love you!). My weekend was pretty uneventful except for that I wiped out on our front steps in wet flip-flops, skinned my knee and ripped a hole in my favorite jeans! Besides that, I spent most of the weekend stressing out over our family pictures! We booked a time slot with Belle Photography and Design, who was doing a family mini marathon photo day on Sunday. This means, I got a 1 hour time slot and a cd with all the pictures that she took. I hadn’t had pictures taken of Little-J since he was really little, and he’s almost 2! Our daughter, K-aos had pictures taken twice by the time she was that old! It’s the whole second child syndrome!
 Little J’s first professional pictures I had taken when he was a newborn.  I have always loved those beautiful sleeping newborn pictures, where the babies look so innocent and angelic! Curled up in little furry blankets or wearing cute little angel wings! I thought it would be easy! I made sure he was fed and napping when the photographer got here; however, he woke up shortly thereafter and cried basically the whole time. Not only that, they had brought the cutest little knit hammock and diaper cover, which he proceeded to poop in, pee in, and throw up on. He showed me just how much he liked pictures! It was madness!  Why me?
So yesterday, we attempted professional pics with him once again (2 years later). It was quite surprising that we arrived only 20 minutes late for our appointment! Why does it seem so impossible sometimes to get everyone dressed and out of the house on time? (This time wasn’t even really our fault either; we were stuck in some really awful road construction.) It had been raining all weekend, but it let up just before our pictures. Whoo hoo!  So things were looking pretty good, and I was optimistic that things were going to go well.  I must say, Little-J looked pretty darn cute in his new threads and his fresh hair cut! He looked like such a little man!
So what do you think? Did the pictures go well? Was my little monkey perfectly poised?
Ummm not quite! Little-J would NOT sit still, he refused to sit on any of the props for more than 15 seconds, and he wouldn’t smile or look at the camera! The photographer (who was great, and very patient) even had a cute little Elmo that wrapped around her camera lens, but that didn’t work either. He knew exactly what he was doing and wanted nothing to do with the camera! The little rascal! K-aos on the other hand, was a perfect little model! She loved the attention. We could have taken her picture all day long. Oh well. Maybe next year!  I’m sure our photographer captured some good shots; I just hope there is one where Little-J is smiling a little bit! J If anyone has any tips for getting an almost 2-year old to sit and have his picture taken, fire away!  I guess the old saying is true “a picture is worth a thousand words”, and we were at least able to capture the true spirit of a toddler! Which is rebellion! Why do 2 year olds have to be so darn difficult? I guess I should just be grateful that he didn’t puke on anyone this time!
 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that kind of cam-er-ra Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha....that never gets old!!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a photographer myself, I actually love letting kids do their own thing. I find you get a lot of great candid shots and it's usually when they are happiest. Usually the pictures that parents love most are the ones I've taken when the kids were doing their own thing, having fun - it captures their true personality and genuine emotion! I'm sure you got some great shots. Wish you lived closer - I'd love to photograph your beautiful little ones =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you lived closer too! I love your pictures! (and it would be fun to have a play date with the kids!)

      Delete